Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New authors to enjoy in 2011.

New year, new lists.
Once again I've composed a list of authors that I haven't read anything by, that I'd like to rectify this year.
Asterisks if I've got something by them already.
No inclusions if an author only has one specific item that I'd want to read.
Be nice if I could do about half.
Obviously it's somewhat difficult for people to complain about who's not on the list, if they're not familiar with what I've already read, but there's plenty of scope for complaining about the ones I haven't read, or recommending specific titles.
I'll stroke them off when applicable: (watch for the mesmerizing absense of striking!) and perhaps update it with forgotten / new entries.


  • joe abercrombie
  • catherine asaro *
  • robert asprin *
  • JG ballard *
  • damien broderick * (I've read some non-fiction)
  • louis mcmaster bujold *
  • octavia butler * 
  • gardner dozois * (I've read stuff he's edited)
  • greg egan * (I have read some short stories from luminous)
  • mary gentle *
  • robin hobb * 
  • ian irvine *
  • dean koontz *
  • nancy kress * (I have read a short story)
  • mercedes lackey *
  • stanislaw lem
  • ken macleod * 
  • cormac mccarthy *
  • george RR Martin *
  • richard matheson *
  • elizabeth moon *
  • ayn rand *
  • alastair reynolds * 
  • anne rice *
  • kim stanley robinson * 
  • RA salvatore *
  • john scalzi
  • karl schroeder
  • clifford D simak *
  • olaf stapledon *
  • charles stross *
  • eric van lustbader *
  • joan d vinge *
  • vernor vinge * 
  • tad williams * 
  • sean williams *
  • robert charles wilson *
  • gene wolfe *

Of course, 'ordinary' reading by authors I love (or random titles that perchance take my fancy) will continue to intrude...

No comments:

Post a Comment