Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Best TV series of the last decade (2000 - 2010) ?

The sort of thing you think about now and again when you're rewatching some particularly good series.
If you'd asked me a couple of years ago, Firefly would probably get the nod.  Each episode is brilliant, and often much funnier the second time around.
Battlestar Galactica would probably be a contender.  There's so much packed into it, with some nice sweeping arcs - but I never finished watching the series and stopped midway, even though I was still right into it.
Other shows ... well, there are a lot of other really good shows that have come out over the last decade, but I don't know that there are any other serious contenders.
The number one spot, though, might go to Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.  When I heard it was cancelled I was heartbroken.  But sometimes you have to let go.

Interesting that of the three I list, one only made a single season and one only made two (with the first season being essentially half length) whilst the other made a full five.
They're all sci-fi, though one is earth based.
They're all drama types; two serious and one (Firefly) lathered in humour, though also serious in general.
Two (BSG and T:SCC) heavily explore technology vs faith.
Two I own on DVD (T:SCC and Firefly) and one I didn't buy when it was like 9.99 because I'm a dildo.

What shows am I forgetting?  What have I not given due consideration?

No comments:

Post a Comment